Friday, August 1, 2008

Thing 15 - Library 2.0



It is exciting to see all of the possibilities with Library 2.0. It is certainly a time of change to anyone working in libraries. I think that many of these new Web
2.0 tools will have a place in the the Library 2.0. The future of the library is all about service and delivering what the patron needs in the format requested in and a manner that is very user friendly. Design is very important and communicating for better understanding. I want to fast forward sometimes and take a peek.

I think one of the best Library 2.0 roadmap's was listed in Christopher Harris's blog, Informancy. Here is a quote that I want to hold close to my heart and mind.

"Being the Intel Inside is making sure you slap a “Powered by the School Library” sticker on everything you do. It is about making sure people know that the library is the person/place/thing/idea that helps make learning happen throughout the school. "

3 comments:

LauraAnn said...

glad to see that you discovered wordle - great fun, isn't it? I created a new one myself on my latest blog post...

Also, as you are a fan of Shakespeare, have you read Bill Bryson's account of the bard's life?

LauraAnn said...

Ok - now I feel stupid - the book is in your sidebar, right next to your original post. Sorry!

What did you think of it? I love Bryson's "campy" style...

VWB said...

important words for all of us to keep at the forefront! for a variety of reasons.