Sunday, August 3, 2008

Thing 18 - Online office tools



So we really can't get along without MS office. We need it like the air we breathe but it is not free. We started using Google Documents a few years ago. It is a very handy tool. We use it to share and edit common documents. Never really thought about it's use as an alternative to a computer without Office. I have always made sure that I added the MS Office suite to whatever computer I purchase. I have seen and heard about Open Office but never downloaded it. I am in the market for a new computer so I might consider it. This might be very helpful to students whose home computer does not have Office.

2 comments:

LauraAnn said...

Since you have found success w/ Google notebook, let me ask a question: Is there a way to copy a powerpoint made there into or onto another location? A way to export? Or do you always have to go to Google and work from there?
I created a cool powerpoint but can't get it to show anywhere but in my google notebook. Thanks for any advice you might have...

PROJECT LIBS GRD said...

I have heard about Open Office and actually have it on my computer at school, but I have never used it. I can see it being of value to students who do not have their own pcs. Also, Microsoft should proabably take heed!