Sunday, June 29, 2008

Thing 9 - Finding Library-related Blogs and News


I tried various search strategies to locate blogs. But for my money, the best advice on this type of thing comes from three sources:

(1) a colleague who is presenting about blogs
(2) a list of best of the best - see the jpeg image to
the right of this text. This Time magazine article picks the top 25 blogs . I added one blog (Lifehacker) to my aggregator on the basis of this article. This blog provides technology solutions to life's overload. There were several other interesting blogs but I am trying to hold back.
(3) following a link to a blog from another blog

The above strategies is how I added several of my blogs that I am attempting to follow. The Google search tool was the easiest to use and Technorati was the least satisfactory and most confusing.

It is always interesting the places you go when
reading blogs. Today I found some great info about
student's weaknesses in searching. Some of the library
blogs can be redundant. Everyone reads Blue Skunk for
example and comments on it. That can be a bit repetitive.

3 comments:

J-Lib said...

My favorite way to find blogs is to find them in other blogs, too. I'm so nosy that I have to read blogs from other blogs (especially reading comments and then following the link to the commenters blog, too)

LauraAnn said...

Thanks for your list of blogs - what a great resource!

LauraAnn said...

I know - don't you feel like a Peeping Tom? I am not working on my own post today - haven't figured out what I want to say about thing18 yet, so I am just clicking around and encouraging chatter among others.