Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Thing 6 - Mashups


I like to travel and during the past few years I have been able to go to Italy, Spain, and Portugal. I have also been able to visit neat places in the U.S. like Pittsburgh, Reno, and Chicago as I attended various library meetings.


This summer the big trip will be to England, home of some of my favorite authors. To the left is some pictures from my Flickr account that I took in Italy. We saw lot of fantastic sites as we traveled from Rome to Pompei to Tuscany. I used Mosaic Maker to combine 4 of my pictures in a more aesthetically pleasing presentation.





One of my favorite authors is Jane Austen. I hope to see some of the places where she lived.
If I collected author trading cards, this is one that I would have to collect.

This is an example of using two web-based programs to create mashups. The travel pictures were created with Mosaic Maker and the Jane Austen card was created with Trading Card Maker.

1 comment:

VWB said...

super!
hope you will share some of your trip highlights at some point in your blog...for those of us who are NOT going anywhere quite so exciting! :-(


p.s. I owe you some info ...hope to get it to you in the next few days so you can follow the progress of each!