Sunday, July 6, 2008

Thing 12 - To comment or not to comment that is the question

Commenting is an important aspect of blogging. Both the blogger and the reader of blogs benefit from readers' comments. There is more to learned from the topic under discussion if one reads a blog and its comments. You are exposed to additional viewpoints. Therefore comments can enlarge and extend the focus of the blog. Comments that offer contrary viewpoints may make blog readers and bloggers reconsider their earlier statements or posts.

It is kind of scary to post a comment at first. It is easier to post a comment to a site of a blogger that you know.

2 comments:

LauraAnn said...

I can completely identify with your techno-shyness. It does seem rather intrusive doesn't it? Just popping in on someone's cyberspace?

However, once I really began to invest myself in my own blog, I realized that I wanted people to read and respond. That motivated me to get out and speak to others.
(My mother tried to break me of shyness for year. Who would have thought a computer would help the breakthrough?)

Thanks for your post and for letting me drop by...

kellimcreadalot said...

I am much more of a lurker. For some reason I feel as though I am invading on others privacy when I comment. I find it much easier to post to people you know (even if it is virtually). The contributions of all are what make blogging so beneficial, so I hope the 23 Things will boost my confidence--.